Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Forgive the radio silence

I haven't been to this blog in two weeks.  It has been three weeks since I broke my toe and two weeks since I last attempted exercise.  A few weeks ago I had the brilliant idea that, since it was just a silly toe, a broken bone couldn't keep me from dance trance.  Not my brightest moment, I'll confess.  Afterward I was in so much pain that I could barely walk for two days.  Then, once I could again put weight on my foot, I had another equally brilliant idea.  I figured that a broken toe wouldn't stop me from exercising.  I would just be on the stationary bike.  So I went in flip flops (because putting on running shoes was so painful I broke out in a cold sweat and wanted to cry) and worked through the horrible pain for about twenty minutes.  Then I cried uncle and admitted that this stupid toe was going to keep me from my normal workouts for a bit.

It took a bit over three weeks, and I did lots of crunches and push-ups (the modified kind, 'cause I'm super cool that way), but I finally feel able to do a little cardio again.  Yesterday I went to two dance trance classes and a spin class.  By the end of the last dance trance class, I'll admit that my foot was starting to ache a bit, but it wasn't the awful, shooting-up-my-entire-calf pain that I'd felt the last time I tried it.  This morning that foot is a bit more sore that usual, but it is bearable.  And I got in three hours of cardio yesterday, which felt really good after being a blob for three weeks.

So I'm back, and you will be sick of me in no time.  I have been thinking about my goals and my reasons for writing this blog in my time off and I've decided that I won't be posting everyday.  I'm going to shoot for two times a week (Friday will still be my picture day, but please be kind this Friday as I haven't worked out in three weeks).  Sometimes I will post more, if I'm feeling the need to share.  But I will at least post twice a week.

I want to take a moment today, before I post my food and exercise for the day, to thank a friend of mine.  While I wasn't able to do cardio, I'd started skipping meals.  I didn't consciously say I wasn't going to eat, but when I went to eat I would think, "I'm not going to be able to work any of this off today, so I don't even want to eat it."  The result was that I was only eating once a day, and usually something like a yogurt.  A friend that saw me everyday called me out on it and it wasn't until she did that I realized what I was doing and started eating normally again.  So thanks to her for reading this blog and understanding my issues and caring enough to say something to me.

Today I ate:

 


8 ounce green smoothie (I've started adding flax seed to my smoothies because I was reading about all the benefits of it.  Apparently, Constantine was so sold on the health benefits that he required people to eat it daily.)
Apple
8 ounce green smoothie
3 cookies (flour, sugar, and butter-free; recipe to follow)
Pork tenderloin with sweet potatoes and Spinach blue cheese salad

Exercise:

45 minutes stationary bike
20 minutes elliptical machine

Chocolate Chip Cookies

  • 2 cups almond meal
  • 1/4 teaspoon  salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 bag of carob chips
  • 7 figs (1/2-2/3 cup) pits removed
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 cup coconut oil
  • 3/4 cup of coconut sugar

  • No comments:

    Post a Comment