Monday, July 1, 2013

Changes are scary


Today I started my first summer camp.  I am doing the art portion of a drama summer camp and if today was any indication, it is going to be so much fun.  But it does make for a hectic schedule.  I did okay as far as what I ate, considering I only had five minute windows to scarf something down a few times throughout the day.  But I missed my normal three hour cardio schedule for Monday.  I was up late preparing (and I'll be honest, just full of excited adrenaline), so I only got about 5 hours of sleep last night.  I was fine until I got home this afternoon.  As soon as I sat down, I promptly fell asleep.  And slept through my spin class and my first dance trance class.  I did make it to one hour of dance trance, which felt good.  I'm glad I pulled my bleary-eyed self to the class, because I am certain I would have felt much more run down had I not gotten in a workout today.

It is going to be an adjustment, having work in healthy eating and exercise around a busier schedule.  I've been worried about it ever since I started this blog.  But I can do it.  I will try to fit in some gym time right after summer camp, that way I don't have to go home and get sleepy, then try to motivate myself to go out again.  If I get it out of the way, I can go home and prepare for the next day and go to bed early.  Hopefully it works out that way.  Change is hard, especially when I'm only just getting used to my new dietary changes.  I am comfortable with those changes as long as I am home.  But I am always nervous when I know I won't be home.  With all the crappy food out there, it isn't easy to maintain a healthy diet when you are out and about in the world.  So far I've been able to do okay.  Not stellar, but okay.  I'm going to have to really work on preparing more when I know I will not be home, that way I have fewer slip ups.

Today I ate:

8 ounce green smoothie
PB&J sandwich
Watermelon
1 chocolate chip cookie
6 ounce green smoothie

Exercise:

1 hour Dance Trance class

No comments:

Post a Comment