Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Jamie and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day!

Boy-yo, was I ever trying to make excuses today.  I fell asleep right after work again (probably because I stay up all night preparing for the art projects the next day.  I never considered all of the preparation time required for a job like this when I took it.  It is fun, but exhausting.).  While I slept, Ernie went to Whaddaburger (sp?) to pick up some dinner.  Now, keep in mind that I have never kept things on hand in our kitchen that are particularly easy to fix (other than fruit).  Everything requires preparation.  I do that intentionally.  About three years ago I realized that everything we ate was basically crap and was causing us to die slowly (I jest...sort of).  So I decided to make as much from scratch as I could to limit my family's intake of processed foods.  But Ernie, who was trying to be a good husband and let me sleep (which I appreciate), doesn't cook.  So he ran and got dinner, again trying to be helpful.  And yes, I ate a cheeseburger.  I think I kind of hate myself just a little for giving into temptation.  I've done so well up until now (3 whole weeks, wow.  Yep, I suck).  The only thing in my favor is that I took off the top bun (not the bottom bun, because I didn't see how to eat it without making a mess.  Because, you know, I don't own any forks or knives or anything.  Again, I suck.)  And you know what?  It wasn't even good.  I could have whipped up a smoothie in five minutes and it would have tasted better and been healthier than that stupid cheeseburger.  See?  I told you I suck!

So here I sat, tired, cranky, and pissed at myself for eating the damned cheeseburger.  And I really, really didn't want to go to the gym.  I made every excuse I could think of.  I had to wake up early.  I had a lot to do to get ready for tomorrow's art classes.  I was still tired.  I had to go to the store to get some supplies for a last-minute change another teacher asked me to make in my lesson plans.  But then I thought about writing this post.  I thought about how much angrier I would be if I ate the cheeseburger and skipped the gym.  So I dragged my butt to the car, telling myself I would only do a half-assed workout and pat myself on the back.  But once I got started, my dragging sleepiness vanished and I attacked that workout.  I feel better now (though I am still kicking myself about whaddaburger) and I'm really glad I decided to go.  I had to drag myself kicking and screaming, but I went.  At least the day isn't a complete loss.

Today I ate:

8 ounce green smoothie
2 cups of coffee
Crudité plate
1/2 of a PB&J sandwich
Cheeseburger (sans top bun.  Gotta put that awful little justification in there.)
Plain yogurt with raisins and honey

Exercise:

30 minutes (3 miles) on the treadmill
30 minutes (8 miles) on the stationary bike

No comments:

Post a Comment