Friday, July 5, 2013

Neglectful journalist

I feel horrible.  This week has been so insanely busy that I haven't had two seconds to sit and jot down a blog post since Tuesday.  Normally, I am a (mostly) stay at home mom.  I do work from home, but my hours are few, most of the time.  I also recently started working very part time away from home, but again, my hours are few.  Because of this (and my amazing husband who works hard so that I can do this), I fill my days with homeschool, cleaning, baking, and making just about everything we eat from scratch.  This month, however, I have been doing art at a drama summer camp for kids Monday through Friday.  I have also been trying to do everything else that I normally do in a day.  By Wednesday, I gave up most of it.  This blog included.  I just can't fit in 20 + hours in a day in without going insane.  I need sleep more than I need a clean kitchen.  It will be clean again in August.

Unfortunately, this means I have neglected my daily journaling.  It also means I didn't have time for a picture today, so my weekly picture will have to come tomorrow.

How have I done during my blog hiatus?  Well, good and bad.  I went to Dance Trance on Wednesday (good), but skipped the gym yesterday, since it was Independence Day and I wanted to celebrate a bit with family (bad, but understandable).  Then I missed today because I chose instead to have a much-needed (and scarcely acquired) girls' night out with two of my favorite women.  Wednesday I ate perfectly.  Yesterday, apart from a chili dog eaten in commemoration of the holiday, I ate well.  Today, however, was an entirely different story.  It was the day of the show for camp, so I didn't have time to eat until around 4:30 (bad, bad, BAD).  Then I ate a salad with some steak and onions on the top (not too bad).  Then a friend asked if I could go out for a bit.  I then proceeded to have a beer, a glass of wine, and a plate of delicious, fried, battered fishy goodness that was entirely NOT good for me.  But it was delicious and came with good conversation.  I just got home and as it is just after 11:00 p.m. and I am sufficiently stuffed on fried goodness, going to the gym is out at this point.  So today was a failure.  But not entirely, as I did get to have some time with my girls  AND we had a very successful first show of the month.

Here is what I promise for tomorrow:  1) I will not eat a single thing that is on my "unhealthy" list;  2) I will go to Dance Trance in the morning; and 3) I will go to the gym for at least one hour.

I'm going to be honest and say that I might miss Dance Trance.  During the show today I am fairly certain I broke my little toe.  It is excruciatingly painful when I touch it and it has numbed.  I also have not been able to bend it since it happened.  It could be broken, or just badly bruised.  Either way, dancing may be difficult.  I will, however, give it my best attempt.  I will also post my weekly picture a week late (this may be a continuing thing for the month of July, as I don't see myself having time on Fridays until after summer camps are finished).

Today I ate:

Salad with steak and caramelized onions
1 bottle of Red stripe
1 glass of wine
1/2 plate of fried tilapia over chorizo and shrimp

1 comment:

  1. I doubt you ate half of that fish! I know I had a good portion of it... plus it was totally delicious and worth it. I think our swim training will be easier on your toe, so let's get started soon!

    ReplyDelete